- BEGIN taking 2 500mg Tylenol tablets, unless allergic, every 4hours interchanged with 2 400mg Ibuprofen tablets, unless allergic, every 4 hours. Continue this regimen for the next 24-48 hours after your procedure.
EXAMPLE: At 10am take the Tylenol. Followed by the Ibuprofen 4 hours later at 2pm. Followed by the Tylenol 4 hours later at 6pm. Followed by the Ibuprofen 4hours later at 10pm etc.
- You are REQUIRED to have a responsible family member or friend drive you home after your procedure. For your SAFETY, someone should stay with you for the next 24 hours.
- Go home and REST the remainder of the day. DO NOT perform any strenuous activity.
- Use special CAUTION when standing, using stairs and walking for the next 24 hours.
- CHOOSE TO EAT very light, easily digested foods and liquids for the next 24 hours.
- AVOID alcoholic beverages for the next 24 hours.
- DO NOT drive a car, operate complex and/or heavy machinery, or perform any hazardous tasks for the next 24 hours.
- DO NOT make any important decisions or sign any legal documents for at least 48 hours after your anesthetic.
- CALL 911 in the event of an emergency.